Friday, December 02, 2005

Ebb and Flow


Isn't it amazing the amount of ups and downs, high and low energy cycles we go through each day? I am reminded of this all the time as a SAHM of two young children. One minute my son is screaming to have me hold him while my infant daughter is in my arms. The next minute he's sitting peacefully on the floor looking at a book. I sure wouldn't want to be in the body of a two year old. Thoughts and emotions change in the blink of an eye. It's always nice to get out of the house just a little bit for a change of scenery and to burn some energy off. But today it's cold out and it's already getting dark at 3:17 pm (yikes!!) so we're hunkering down. There are so many different stages in a day; some relaxed, some energy filled and some loud and impatient. I try not to get too worked up when the moment is full of frustration since I know that it too shall pass. I try to remind myself to ride the ebb and flow of the day like waves.......

One more thing to make with scrapbook paper...goody! If you're tired of the scrapbook paper crafts, I'll try to move onto something different soon:) This one was again inspired by a kit from Basic Grey, but could easily be made using templates. You can even make them out of fabric...very cool!!! They're supposed to be ornaments. I have them sitting out on a table. The kids like to play with them too!

No comments: