Friday, December 16, 2005

Primitive Holiday

I just received this gorgeous heart ornament in my Christmas card from my lovely artist friend Chrissy. Thank you! I've known Chrissy for a few years now by her yahoo group Artistazine. We both live in Minnesota, but have never met. Isn't it amazing how the world seems so small through the internet, we are in touch with people from all reaches of the globe, yet some really do live in our own "back yard" and yet we never meet face-to-face? Someday hopefully we will.

I love how Chrissy distressed this hand made fabric heart. She said she used tea to darken it and it adds a wonderful smell! I just love the primitive look. I would characterize the style of my tree and decorations as either rustic, folk art or childlike whimsy. Some of the artists that I really enjoy are Lori Mitchell, Dan DiPaolo and Heather Goldminc. My favorite are finds like this snowman that I found at an estate sale. Before I go, I have to share this adorable button wreath ornment.

No comments: