Sunday, January 15, 2006

This is me....a work in progress


I'm working on an art journal page for melba's new Mixed Media Memoirs. I love this new project of hers. Check it out here! Her first theme is "This is Me" so I thought this picture was perfect to begin with! If your wondering what my son is doing, he's actually doing sign language to the tv:)

Hope you had a nice weekend. My hubby and I saw the movie "Fun with Dick and Jane" today. Nothing big, just a funny, light movie. Perfect for a Sunday afternoon. I just went to Target and bought a blender with a food processor attachment. I plan to start making my own baby food for Chloe. I'm psyched!! I'm not sure why I wasn't doing it before. Anyone have any good recipes and or tips?!

UPDATE: I finished my page, you can see it here!
I used a page (scanned) from my journal, a picture from SPT on my blog, the picture I have above and Elsie's fab fonts found here.

5 comments:

Ginger said...

Love the pic! For making baby food, I used The Super Baby Food book by Ruth Yaron. There's more info in it than you would ever want to know, but it has a great guide of when to feed what foods, and how to make your own baby food. It also has toddler recipes. I won't need my copy for a while, so if you want to borrow it, let me know! Have fun with your new kitchen toy! Try making hummus, too! ;-)

naturallynice said...

Beautiful photo! And I loved your inspiration for AW. It is true, textiles are the everyday art!

Esther

melba said...

It is so cool to see how others interpret a theme. I really liked how used your old journal entry and the photo, the shading out it was perfect too...the whole piece has an aged feeling to it..like looking back on the past. Thanks so much for participating!

la vie en rose said...

what a cute pic. i love the page. the big flower in the corner is the perfect touch.

artjunk~ said...

thanks for sharing the great links!!! I don't know how you do it! I get on "overload" when I'm checking out these sites but you seem to glean out a great selection from the masses. I also like your pick on the couch with your kids. you look so peaceful!