Saturday, June 10, 2006

Some goodies




I wanted to share a little treat I bought for myself for hosting the Book of Dreams since we're going into our last week. Don't you love how I rationalize my buying:) I found a link to Cheryl Kuhn's Etsy shop on the Sepia Art Studio blog and had to go check it out. Her work is just wonderful and when I saw this little dreamer I couldn't pass her up. She arrived today and I just adore her.

I also had a little excursion to an estate sale this morning and found some fun stuff. I found this wonderful little brochure called Woolworth's Fashions for Baby with hints for mothers. It was published in 1956. It is absolutely delightful. As you can see in these pictures, my daughter loved the illustrations as well:)

I also found some great sewing notions to use in my altered books and this neat quilt top made with silk material. I think I may use it on my cover for my book collaboration with Cassondra. Any tips on adhering fabric to a hardcover book?

3 comments:

Christi said...

LOVE your new finds and you DEFINITELY deserve the treat for the wonderful work on the dream journals...I am so behind, but I am constantly inspired and I WILL find the time to get back to mine!! I love what you have been doing!!!

Sharon Tomlinson said...

You just find the neatest stuff! Yes you most definitely deserved a little treat for guiding us all in the book of dreams adventure and I would send you one myself if I had your address.

Also wanted to say I have finished a fabric page....come see

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Cheryl's creation is so sweet, and you DO deserve a treat for being our Dream Queen!

I really must start going to garage sales, flea markets, estate sales.

I've had good success adhering thin fabric to hardcovers with glue stick. It's thick enough to grab the fabric, but won't seep through.

I've been using my Crop-a-Dile a lot. Sometimes I get paranoid that one of my more weighty embellishments is going to loosen and come off....so I insert eyelets or brads.