Wednesday, August 09, 2006

LSS Dare #1


Here's my humble contribution to the Last Scrapper Standing contest. Dare #1 was to have all of your journaling ON your photo. This was a challenge, since I don't do this often. I made a layout in memory of our beloved cat, Abba. He was our Halloween cat. Since I'm really into vintage Halloween, I thought I'd give this page a whimsy nostalgic feel. I aged the photo using walnut ink, then wrote out my journaling. I then added a few more words with Portfolio oil pastels. Check out the 2Peas gallery for tons of inspiration from the other participants. Amazing work! This was so much fun:)

8 comments:

Lu said...

oh, this is very funky and artsy, mama!!!!

Natasha said...

What a great tribute!! You do beautiful work.

Anonymous said...

There are a lot of wonderful artists I've found on Flickr doing just awesome things like you are... do you post on Flickr?

Lita said...

This is incredible, love that journalling around the photo! You never cease to amaze me my friend!

Anonymous said...

hey, my dear
so cool that you signed up too
there are tons of entries, my head won't stop spinning. there is so much amazing talent !

Jeanne said...

Cool challenge...will have to try it. Your kitty was certainly a sweetie. Looks like our cat Midnight.

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE your work!!! I love how beautifully and seemlessly you add so many different elements. BRAVO!!
AND...The third "challenge" is up, so check it out when you can!

Anonymous said...

crumbs that (above) is me....sometimes I get too click happy....