Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Calling fall~


It's beginning to look like fall in my creative space!! I'm still loving my dresser and apothecary style cabinet that I house my art supplies in. It's all in our dining room, so it's the perfect place to display my art and other goodies. I really enjoy changing the decor to fit the season. Here is what it looked like this summer. I just started getting out my boxes of Halloween stuff, so I thought I'd decorate this area first for some inspiration. The acordian style book in front is from a swap I hosted where we all did little mini Halloween quilties. I love the little book I created with mine! All of the artists pages can be seen here. This time of year my home is a mix of my two favorite styles in decorating and in art~vintage and primitive.


In other news, I've been asked by Fiona to join a group called Creative Journey. And we are doing just that. Everyone picks a theme and we are going to do all kinds of fun techniques together all working with our individual themes. We will post our work and progress and end products on the blog. I will also be posting here. I'm really excited and have chosen the concept of home. This can be interpreted so many different ways. Our first exercises to get us going was a mind map and to start gathering pictures and other items for inspiration for a design board. This is going to be so much fun!

7 comments:

Artygal/Lalheg said...

Yay, glad you are still jazzed about my idea - anyone else who is interested in the creative journey blog and group is welcome to apply to join

What a wonderful space you have

Anonymous said...

Can I please move into your gorgeously decorated room??? If that won't work, can you please come visit me and help me make my house look just like that??
Absoletely lovely inspiring place you get to call home!!
XO

Anonymous said...

I don't usually decorate this early, but I think that you have just convinced me!! LOVING your space!!! smiles,Christi

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Let the fun begin, such delightful time, under teh harvest moon, candy apples, decoration to celebrate the feast, I bet you make the prettiest costumes too!
(Cruststation sent me over.)

winnsangels said...

Your space is so organized. I love the decorations. Thanks for sharing them. I'll truly look forward to seeing more of your "home". "Creative journey" sounds exciting.

Anonymous said...

I have you on my blogroll...MotherPie's Blogroll and Blog Friends

Cheers

silverlight said...

I really admire all of your art collage work.

I don't know why . But, my workspace ends up a mess.