Saturday, December 16, 2006

{Day 16} Gratitude


{Day 16} for my Christmas journal is about what I am grateful for. When thinking about expressing gratitude, I thought of those wonderful paper chains we used to make as a kid. Many times one would write a kind deed that was done on a strip of paper and compile all of those thanks into a chain and hang it on a tree or mantle. Such wonderful sentiments! So I wanted to make a paper chain of sorts on my page. I had seen a different design for a chain in a magazine recently and used this shape here. I then wrote on my chain all of things I am grateful for this holiday season:)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your restyling of the paper chain! I just made one, myself ... hopefully I'll have it up on my blog tomorrow! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the chains! What a clever idea! Beautiful page!

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Neat idea! I'd done paper chains as a kid, but not written on them :)

Anonymous said...

Great page...love the paper chain!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Cool chain! I saw one a few minutes ago...there was a little prayer on each strip for a child to read one before bed each night.

Anonymous said...

Very clever!!!

Bonita Rose said...

your journal is so beautiful.. wow.. u amaze me! hugs

Anonymous said...

Oh, I totally love your idea of placing a paper chain on your page. Fabulous!!! Your journal is totally stunning. Such a wonderful holiday keepsake.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to replicate a paper chain in your journal. I also love the idea of writing on them what you are grateful for.

Anonymous said...

Such a cute page Kari! And lovin' the paper chains! So how cute would a string of scrapbook paper paper chains look on a tree? I'm thinkin' VERY cute! :-)

Anonymous said...

What a gorgoeus idea with this chain - love your page!

Anonymous said...

Great idea!! Love it!! And adore your lil' snowman!! Sweet as can be!!

xoxo Jenny

Anonymous said...

what a lovely idea.

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Clever clever chain.

Anonymous said...

視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天 , 視頻聊天