Thursday, May 31, 2007

It's the little things...

These little books are part of the spring round robin I'm in with some very lovely ladies. This treasure chest (literally) began with Cassondra. She did the bottom book. Julie did the middle book and I did the top book. It will then move on to Lilia and Melissa to do books of their own. Finally ending up in Cassondra's hands again filled with delightful goodies of all sorts!

Inside my book box, I decorated with vintage wallpaper and German die cut images. I then made a little accordian book. Love this button card I got from Donna.

This is the little book I made for the inside. Such a challenge for me to work so small and had never made a book accordian style from scratch. I kept it simple and used lots of romantic girly stuff like flocked vintage wallpaper and these gorgeous cards (also from Donna) and some vintage jewelry. What a fun challenge this was!
I received this wonderful book in the mail to review called Sock and Glove by Miyako Kanamori. It's absolutely darling! It reads as a simple story of two friends, Billy the glove dog and his pal Marcus the sock monkey and all the new friends they meet made from cast-off socks and gloves. These critters are adorable and the second half of the book contains step-by-step instructions with pictures for making each of the 14 creatures. Everything is clear and precise with lots of color how-to photos. What a joy this simple little book is! Can't wait to try one for myself:)

14 comments:

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Those books are Wonderful! What a lovely idea.

I saw the Sock and Glove book elsewhere on the web and I thought it looked just darling. It's amazing how a critter handmade from fabric or whatever can come to life and make you smile :)

Anonymous said...

oohh.. can't wait to see the teeny books in person! so sweet...!

Julie Collings said...

wasn't that box of treasures incredible to open!
i love the button card on your accordian book. the wallpapers you used are stunning. i just got my package from donna and wowie, gorgeous stuff. so glad i followed the link from your blog!

Miss*Laurence said...

Love the accordeon book! Even with new techniques you are so good!

Anonymous said...

How sweet. I like the buttons.How fun and what a good way to share.

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh those boxes are beautiful! What a fun idea!

kristin said...

you always seem to be involved in such interesting projects :) the books look like a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kari!! This project looks amazing!! Love the little book concept and what you did with it is gorgeous!!
~Cerri

xxxxx said...

What a beautiful and fresh-looking project, just like Spring!

Anonymous said...

your accordion book is gorgeous, bet it was fun to make...thanks for the info on the Sock & Glove book, I've reserved it at the library!

Anonymous said...

I love the book! Beautiful....

Susan Tuttle said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Beautiful eye candy!

Susan

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I've never made a round robin, it looks very interesting. Your styles compliment each other.

site said...

Oh my god, there's a lot of effective material in this post!