Thursday, September 27, 2007

Finding the goods...and a surprise!

Wewh, what a busy couple of days in blogland. Thanks for all the wonderful comments. So fun to "mingle" with so many of you. Just before Karla's fantastic party the other day, she notified me that I was also in the issue of Romantic Country magazine that she was featured in. I was surprised and elated! I had been contacted a few months ago from a freelance writer about sending some pictures of my holiday decor and crafts for the magazine. I assumed it would be published much later in a holiday issue. Then I realized that the holiday's really aren't that far away and special publications are already starting to hit newstands. Yikes!! I had sent her many pictures and was thrilled to get one in the magazine. Karla found me on page 70 and scanned in the picture for me (pic in far left lower corner). The dress was my very first paper dress made from flocked wrapping paper. The shadowbox frame was made at Silver Bella last year and has a picture of my sister and I when we were kids. So exciting to see Christmas memories on the pages of a magazine!Then after Karla's party, dear Jeanne emailed me to say she had found the magazine and found some photos of my work on another page. The squared scrapbook page below is from my Christmas journal last year and the dove sitting on the cone with the glitter star were gifts that I made for the teachers and interns at my sons Austism Day Treatment program. So fun to see these memorable holiday items here. Wowza, could it get any better!?! I was really excited to get my hands on a copy of the magazine. I've been looking for it days and today finally found a copy at Target. I immediately turned to the article I was in and found yet another series of pictures of my art. So fun! The star ornament below and the scrapbook page of my holiday decor were in my holiday journal as well. I certainly don't do my art to get it published but it is extremely fun and gratifying when it happens. It is all in the current issue, along with Karla's beautiful home. It's out until December. This is what the cover looks like.

17 comments:

Sandy McTier Designs said...

WOW! Congratulations! That is too cool and I'm gonna go out tonight after a school meeting and get a copy.
Your work is absolutely gorgeous!
Have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Sandy

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Congrats! I'm on my way to the store now, so I'll have a look to see if the magazine is there. WooHooo! :)

Stacy/Creativemuse said...

WOW WEE that is sooo awesome! How fun...did you send these photos to the magazine?...I wonder why they didn't send you a copy or notify you ...You did get a copy of the Artful blogger right? just different company maybe? CONGRATS!anywhoo!!!
Way to go
warmly
Stacy~Creativemuse

Jeanne said...

I'm so happy your found the magazine. I was at Target today and was going to buy it and scan the photos for you, but MY Target didn't have it....weird! Anyway, now that you have discovered that there are more of your pics in it, I am definitely going to have to go back to Barnes & Noble and buy it. Should have done that in the first place!!!

Tammy Gilley said...

Yay you! Congratulations!

Abbie said...

congratulations mama!'Just don't forget us small people when you become famous!

Flea Market Queen said...

Yay for you! I haven't found a copy yet...Can't wait to see it!
Priscilla

Monica said...

Congrats, how fun when you arent expecting it !!!
Can't wait to see this issue!
Thanks again for hosting Sweet & Siniser, it was tons of fun!

Bonnie said...

Hi Kari, what a great surprise! That is fantastic! Congratulations! They look great!

Barbara said...

it is such a grand issue and even more so when you KNOW the people behind the pictures!

CONGRATS!!!

Birds of a Feather said...

hey kari ~ lots of buzz about that magazine in blogland right now, thanks for sharing! i'll have to head out and try to score a copy! looking forward to meeting you at the creative bazzar! xo

Adla said...

Congratulations on having your work published.

And thank you for visiting my blog,and I'm just wondering if it's ok for me to add a link of your weblog on my blog and vice verca, let me know what you think. Thanks.
Ta for now.

Adla

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I will see if I can find it here in Toronto, Canada.

Gabriela Delworth

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

Very cool. Congrats. I have been looking for this issue too but have yet to locate it.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I've finally had time to read the magazine, and your pictures are really nice! Sorry I missed two thirds of it the first time!! Funny, that you found your photos in there one at a time. Who knows, maybe there are more in there!? Its like an Easter Egg hunt.

Unknown said...

Congratulations. I can only imagine how exciting it must be for you to get noticed like that for your talents!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Congratulations to you! I will be sure to pick up a copy when I see it. Good things happen to good people. You are so inspiring.