Monday, October 01, 2007

Welcome {Sweet and Sinister} October!

Altered vintage bottle made from fantastic webbed bottle I found this summer in northern Minnesota. I added my own sinister embellishments.
Hello on this first day of October!! Yay!!!! So excited to say that today is mail out day for the Sweet and Sinister Swap. Gorgeous photos of everyone's goodies have been pouring into the flickr group. Check them out here! If any of you live near LA the fab store Sweetpeas and Snapshots is hosting a Sweet and Sinister Soiree inspired by my swap. How fun it would be to attend. I'm sure they'll do an amazing job! I went to an estate sale this weekend and found this fabulous Tim Burton-esque plant stand and fun vintage hats (above). I had fun this weekend making some sweet and sinister goodies for my upcoming trip to Cape Cod for the Just Be Creative Bazaar held on October 13th. If you're in the area, please come by and say hello! I've made some Halloween goodies, like the collages seen in this post, to add to my supply of autumn offerings. I also made some sinister decor after being so inspired by the shop I posted about on the previous post. Made some spooky tea dyed cheese cloth to wrap around my pot below.Here's my inspiration for table decor....
...and what I came up with. What fun to make! Used some gorgeous velvet flowers, vintage wallpaper and old saucers. I'll leave you with a sweet piece that I'll have at the bazaar:)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

What amazing and beautiful creations have evolved from your project theme. I love it all and am truly sorry I wasn't brave enough to enter. Next time I will.

Lilli in Vancouver said...

What a packed post! Just look at all this inspiration! My pkg is in the mail, full of black and white goodies (and a little orange). Thanks for leading us on a fun romp :)

Sugar Bear said...

Such beautiful eye candy! Thanks for hosting such a wonderful swap. I made a wonderful new friend and got some wonderful items!
Karla

AmyB said...

Tell me more about that wonderful spider bottle! Where did it come from? Your Burton-esque plant stand is fantastic. Great find! Love your sweet stuff too. I DO LIVE NEAR L.A. -- AND I'M GOING TO SWEETPEAS ON 10/13. I've never been and wouldn't have know except for your post! - Amy B

michelle said...

those are so gorgeous, I wish I had gotten in on this!

Monica said...

what fun stuff!
Love the sweet dress form piece, lovely!

Alison Gibbs said...

Love all your swap goodies and what fantasic finds the plant stand and vintage hats were.
Alison

Anonymous said...

Love your ideas! Wish I could come to the bazaar!

Sherri said...

The bazaar sounds wonderful! So many great things to look at here in your post....>LOVE< them all

Meggie said...

Would you consider being "tagged" and telling us 7 things about yourself that we don't know?

Amy A said...

great inspirations thanks!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

So much inspiration in this post! I wish I had entered this swap but will do so on the next!
Fabulous yardsale finds!

have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Sandy :)

Merci-Notes said...

Hi Kari!
It is that time of year when Moms (mostly) are scurrying to figure out how to make that special costume for their Kids! Oh, and then they change their mind and want to be something else! hehehe. Even though I was unable to commit to your latest extravaganza, fun filled event, I am enjoying seeing the results! (Hae you ever thought of going into fund rainsing events! : ) You could build a village!!! : )
Hugs,
Mary

Flea Market Queen said...

I love your creations, all of them!
I don't live to far from L.A. what a fun class, I will check into it!
Priscilla

Donna Layton said...

What totally cool stuff Kari! You are so dang good at Halloween.

Birds of a Feather said...

hey kari ~ looking forward to meeting you too! now i'm off to pack! xo

Anonymous said...

Very spooky! Love, love love all of the things you have created!

Anonymous said...

I have absolutely loved everything that I have seen come out of this swap!!!

Anonymous said...

So many fun and inspiring things to see in this post! But I am VERY partial to the adorable daisy hat! Love it! ;-)

xo,
Kim

Anonymous said...

What a delightful swap project! I hope to be involved in the next one. I saw your blog highlighted in the Artful Blogger Stampington publication....I am now inspired to make my own blog.

Wish that I lived near Sweetpeas, the event inspired by the Sweet and Sinister theme sounds wonderful!

Creatively Yours,

Amy