Friday, October 19, 2007

Showing up....

For some reason I've been having a mental block about doing art journal pages. So I decided to try a different format and use different mediums and just show up and see what happens! Oooh I can tell I'm going to have fun with these pictures. Just getting loosed up. I'm doing these as large 11x14" art journal pages on canvas. I'm working through the book The Way of the Wizard by Deepak Chopra right now and doing a page for each lesson with my fave quote. Fun! Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

i need to pull out my art journal this weekend...it's been SO long...

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

wow, these are really great! the flow of the pic and colors just "work'. Thanks for sharing!
I'm having a demo party on my blog now, hope you can come and play!

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Deepak was so important in my life back in the early 90's, when I was trying to heal after my parents' deaths. He's got some really profound wisdom, when one is ready to take it in :)

Diane Irvine Armitage said...

Very beautiful and great idea to just show up! That is most of the battle for sure. Lovely work!

Sherri said...

I like these a lot. It's great to take things in new directions. Enjoy--maybe you are still on your gypsy journey!

Anonymous said...

They look great Kari. I've been telling myself that I have to start on an art journal.....