Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Sweet and Sinister SWAP is now CLOSED! I'm sorry to do this so quickly, but I have 100 participants and that's the maximum number I am allowed to have on the private blog. That is also about as large of a group as I want to handle for partnering up. I hope you understand. If you have an invoice outstanding, please let me know if you do not want to do the swap. If you do, please make your payment ASAP so I can get partners together. What a response!
***However, if you just want in on the Sweet and Sinister blog without participating in the swap, I am creating a blog just for all the tutorials, projects and giveaways without the swap component. This can handle another 100 readers. So if you didn't get in on the swap, but want 3 months of fun and inspiration, that is still open to you for the $10 fee. Let me know at artsy_mama@hotmail.com.
On the homefront, I'm still enjoying lots and lots of family time together. My sister and her family are in town for one more day. Today was extra special, we celebrated my parent's Ruby Wedding Anniversary...
40 years!!!
We went to a garden nearby and enjoyed watching the kids run around and took in all the gorgeous flowers.




Chloe gave Nana a big Anniversary hug!
Here are the girls...myself, my mom and my sister. Love it when we're all together!
We presented them with crowns and handmade t-shirts. My mom is showing the front and my dad the back.
More gorgeous flowers.
And a toast!
I love you mom and dad!!!
Laura and I got a chance to do some more crafting. Here she put together two banners from my kits.
And she made her own Delight picture. Fun!
Happy Day!

9 comments:

Thriftin and Craftin said...

Congratulations to them. What an amazing accomplishment. They got married in 1968, and that's the year I was born, so I'd say it was a pretty good year!

LaurieStar said...

Wow - what nice, colorful pictures. I don't know if my Dad would've worn the hat for photos. Good for him! Love all the flower pics too!

LiLi M. said...

Congrats to your parents!! They look like a very happy couple to me. Good luck on partnering everybody up. I'm so looking forward to this swap!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to your parents. Wow have you been busy! I love reading your blog.
Happy Day to you too!!
Tess

MNScrapbookmom said...

My sincere Congratulations to your parents - what a celebration!
Enjoy your SS Swap - can't believe that it's that time of year already. I do hope that you will post a few items for us to see on your blog. Love all the Halloween decor.
Hope your having a great summer Kari. ¥

Mippie said...

How wonderful that you got to spend your parents anniversary together as a family! Love all the photos! I'm so sorry I didn't get in on your Sweet and Sinister swap-would love to play along with the blog!

Thanks Kari!
xo-Mel
melfie@littlemelfredsstudio.com

Unknown said...

I have been song tagged by Bella-
I will list 7 of my favorite songs and
tag 7 others to do the same and so on.

My Favorites

1)In my life - the Beatles
2) California - Joni Mitchel
3) Poetry man - Phoebe Snow
4)Me and Bobby McGee - Janice
5) The night they drove old Dixie down -Joan Baez
6) Sister golden hair - America
7) I want you - Bob Dylan


sending it along to you.....

roseylittlethings said...

I am bummed to miss the swap! I saw it the day you posted the picture on flicker and I thought I would have time to get back to it! UGG, you snooze you lose!

Jennifer Paganelli said...

looks like amazing fun here at Artsymama's..You never cease to amaze!! Loving everything I see. Jennifer