Monday, July 21, 2008

Halloween mayhem ensues....


Nothing like some manic Halloween excitement...in July! I am truly overwhelmed by the response to my Sweet and Sinister Swap in the last week. Within just a few days all 100 spots were taken. There has been a lot of begging and pleading, which I completely understand, but I am limited to that number by Blogger when hosting a private blog. So I have my wracking my brain to figure out a way to keep all of the Halloween-enthusiast blog readers that I have...which seems to be MANY...happy! I have come up with the plan of starting another blog, just like the first invite-only blog I produced for the swap. The blog will be just as fun...guaranteed...with all of the same amazing vintage-inspired Halloween project tutorials I have set up with guest designers just for the Sweet and Sinister blog, like Candice Carpenter, Jenny (Everyday is a Holiday) Heid, Katie Runnels, Heather at Speckled Egg, and many more! I also will have giveaways for vintage Halloween goodies, kits and other delights. I will have interviews with enthusiasts such as Sharon over at American Harvest, and a look at some wonderful Halloween collections. I will be posting several times a week. It's like a Halloween spectacular retreat over a 3 month period for only $10. That's the best I can come up with and hope that is satisfies the craving that many of you are having. Let me know at artsy_mama@hotmail.com if you want to join in the fun. I really don't mean to push this, I just have had countless emails with very, very eager folks. It really depressed me to have to write so many "sorry but the swap is full" emails, so I'm trying to give you another option. Love all your energy! Speaking of, I found this homemade JOL above at an estate sale this weekend it's got to be one of my top 3 favorite decorations. It's an old cigar box from the early 1900's hand carved into a jack-o-lantern. I was beyond excited to find it for $1!!! There was also some concern that with all the members-only stuff that people who just read the ol' original ArtsyMama blog you see here, that they will miss out on my Halloween goodies. Not to worry, I have more to share than I know what to do with. You will see Halloween here as well, my sweets!
Ok, now back to Summer!

13 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

OH my stars I love that box! I am so glad I signed up early! SMILE

Susan said...

bummed that I missed out on the swap but so happy that you opened up the other blog. Thanks so much!

Susan
www.creativedestination.typepad.com

Kathy said...

I love that box. I think its the color that just makes it.

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Hee-hee.....looks like you'll have your hands full for the next few months. But of course you'll love it!

Unknown said...

Just came in to see what is going on...and I see you have been busy! Love the box!
Hugs,
Robyn

Carolee said...

Ooooooh - what a wonderful jack-o-lantern box!! As a full time Halloween artist, it's so exciting to know there are so many other Halloween lovers out there!! Best of luck with your Halloween swap and blog - both bewitching, I'm sure!!

~ Carolee

Alison Gibbs said...

What a fabulous find that box was
Alison

Amy said...

What a totally cool homemade JOL! You got a great deal for $1. So primitive looking. Love it. Amy

Robin said...

I have collected so many cigar boxes over the years--what a great idea to transform one of them into!!!!

Unknown said...

Bummer...I missed another great thing! I have been out of touch with blogging this month and boo whoo for me. Hope you all have a great time with the swap. I so love Halloween!

Kindredly, Lynne Laura

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

That is a fantastic Jack O Lantern! And I like his smile, too, he is a bit sweet and sinister himself.

Kathryn Costa said...

OMG, I have to join along on this ghoulish adventure. I'll have to thank Inge in Belgium for the lead. Sorry that I missed the swap but delighted that you are starting a blog. I've emailed you to get more details. Many thanks! k

Kat S. said...

Hi! Just found your blog (via Everyday is a Holiday blog) and am so impressed. Have an Etsy shop too and am just getting into the blogging world. Have much to learn and am in awe of how beautifully yours is designed. Love this altered cigar box you found. What fun it is to scrounge for things like this at yard sales. I plan to visit again! For now I'm heading to my workshop to finish up a couple of special orders.

Kat S.
katscraftingcottage.blogspot.com