Friday, March 13, 2009

Five senses Friday....

When I saw a post here about 5 senses Friday I knew I wanted to participate. I love a good challenge. Today I am trying to capture an "average" Friday through the five senses.

Sight: The sun shining in first thing in the morning on my new spring decor.Hear:
Downtime: The sacred art of stopping with Barbara Taylor Bradford at the Westminster Town Hall Forum. Definitely worth the listen.

Some quotes...

Who are you when you're not doing anything? In the quiet clearing at the center of all that noise.

Write down...

Things I know give me life
The reasons I don’t do them

Never stop wondering when you lost your freedom to do the things that you know give you life.

Get up in the morning and step into the torrent.


Touch:

Taste:
Smell:
The sweet smell of my litle girl.

Melting snow means mud puddles and the smell of spring. It's supposed to be near 50 here this weekend. Yahoo!

Hope you're having a great Friday!

12 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

What a gorgeous post. Love the way you have shown the 5 senses with your great photos.
Alison

Anji Gallanos said...

What a beautiful post. I love the idea of paying attention to all of your senses.

anji

luckygirlgifts said...

thank you, your post was truly inspiring.
Cari B.

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

I loved this post! Thanks I needed it. :O)

Shell said...

I loved this post. Creative and heartfelt.

m i c h e l l e said...

Super cool project, Kari! ADORABLE picture of Chloe!!!

We got near 60 today! Whoo-hoo! Today was the first day in MONTHS that I didn't wear my hearty wool coat!!!

Lori Ann Corelis said...

Love this "lesson" . . . reminds us to slow down and use these senses we are blessed with! Thank you!

Contessa Kris said...

Great post. We go about our days not noticing all the beautiful things that assault our senses. We take them for granted. It is a great reminder to stop, look and listen so you don't miss a thing. Thanks for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

The last picture inspired a Haiku:
All around us dirty and hard world
What makes it beautiful?
Reflections of your presence

Anonymous said...

Lovely senses photos!
I think Barbara Taylor Bradford is a great writer too.

Scrap Mixed said...

I admire you, people from the north hemisphere how you value the seasons! of course I know why, you have 4 seasons exactly as they are. In my country, is very different!Here, in Brazil,generally, most of the year we have the summer and the other time, less hot! So, I loveto see all this things that you do to celebrate each season! I found your blog and now I will come back soon! It's very inspiring!

Anonymous said...

So pretty, love the spring colors (and that crocheted afghan makes me think fondly of my dear departed Grandma Betty). I'm doing Five Sense Friday, too; so glad I found your blog.