Monday, January 04, 2010

My life in 2010....

I have a new year's goal of doing a scrapbook page a day in 2010. That may sound crazy, but I did it in Sept., Oct. and Dec. last year and really enjoyed the process and the results. As long as I do one album per month and put the paper in at the beginning of the month, I seem to get into the flow of taking the photos and desiging a page for each day. It becomes a diary, of sorts, and I really love how I remain more mindful throughout the day, enjoying the ordinary moments and documenting them. I am also using supplies that I have around the house. This album I bought ages ago on clearance and never used and I filled it with coordinating paper by going through my stash and dividing up my paper by season. A bin for each. Hopefully being organized at the get go will keep me going when things get tough. So here is what my year looks like so far...

I made a page about my sisters last day home before heading back to California. Loved how much our girls look like us in this photo!!


I really enjoyed reading Heather's post about her word of the year Celebrate!!
Just discovered Marc Boutavant's illustration work while at the library yesterday. So inspiring!! I adore the colors and the characters he creates.
Today's page is about Lowell going back to school and the alphabet book he created for homework. I love the pictures he drew!

Hope to share many more pages with you throughout the year.

8 comments:

Suz said...

Do love those pictures that Lowell did, Kari, especially Rudolf's striped ears...very clever!

I am holing up and only a REALLY GOOD estate sale will get me out of the house!!!

Hugs to you,
Suz

Kelly said...

Hi Kari,
Wow, what an ambitious project! It looks great so far.
Kelly

Pretty Things said...

Those are awesome, and a great project!

saksham said...

You always come up with great stuff I just love your site you are very talented I’ll recommend your site to my friends and family members great job very appreciated..keep it up..

Katie {My Paisley Apron} said...

Do you print the pics yourself? Or do you stay behind by a few days at a time? Those are beautiful pages!!

Monica said...

beautiful! what a wonderful idea!

snowbear said...

Lowell's Rudolf and Queen are awesome! That is a great idea for a page.. You must be programed by now for journaling each day... I think you will be very pleased by the end of the year!!!

Anonymous said...

I too have made it my goal to sketch/journal a page or two each day for the entire year. A lofty goal, but a totally fulfilling one. I started doing this for the last few months of 2009, but I can't wait to see a years worth of pages at the end of 2010. Keep it up!