Sunday, August 22, 2010

pretty birds....

For many, summer is winding down. We don't start school here until after Labor Day so there are a few weeks left. Still have a trip to the sailboat and our state fair in store. Our weather has been very typical of late-August in Minnesota, hot and sunny! I've been hitting some estate sales when I have a chance and found these beauties.Love this handpainted cookie jar pair. This gorgeous typewriter is almost a hundred years old! A fun start to my autumn decor.Along with this pretty bird. Love that it's an original. Hope you're enjoying your late-August days, whatever you're up to!

5 comments:

Pretty Things said...

I want that typewriter! I've started collecting old cameras and typewriters -- but so far only have two typewriters, a Remington 10 and a REAL find, a Blickensdorfer.

Kateyed said...

I am hitting estate sales, too, though I have conked out a knee and it is making it a little harder.

I love that typewriter. Saw one in St. Paul in June. I wish I would have bought it.

Estate sale Season is wonderful here, isn't it? I have really hit some great ones. I have a growing collection of very old primers and books with old foreign type. It is growing rapidly!

You and your kids look so happy! Have a fun rest of summer!

Hugs,
Suz

Alison Gibbs said...

My favourite would have to be the typewriter, love it
Alison

Heidi said...

Oh that is a great looking typewriter (and the bird is so darling!) Love the owl cookie jars too! So jealous that you have till Labor Day - that used to be the case when we lived in New Jersey. Gotta take our first day of school pic on the porch now!
:)Heidi

Dawn said...

Oh my gosh! That second owl cookie jar, the red and black one, our family has one of those that has been passed to eldest child/first to marry for a couple of generations now and I am the current owner of it. It has been through my grandmother, a great aunt and my mom I believe, along with a few homemade touch-ups to the paint job *grin* How funny to see it on your blog today.